It seems like the trend of having luscious, plump lips is here to stay.
I often wonder if thin lips are ever going to be in season again but, nonetheless, a voluptuous set of puckers are not at all a bad facial feature to have because they’re, now, considered as a fabulous canvas to paint with all the bold, vivid and uniquely colored lip colors being released by big names in the makeup industry.
It also goes without saying that having big lips adds a bit of mystery, glamour and sexiness to an otherwise simple look – just like Angelina Jolie, the very first woman in my book, known to have gorgeous, eye-catching lips.
It wasn’t before Kylie Jenner, however, that the trend really caught on fire – we all know this.
Because many would like to have the kind of lips Kylie from the kardashian family has, different ways of plumping up lips have been introduced to the mainstream of the beauty community.
In fact, the journey to having luscious lips is not all that hard or expensive to travel on because of the different natural lip plumping recipes available.
They’re generally safer and they’re definitely less expensive than having lip injections, lip fillers and other surgically enhancing procedures one can get at a clinic.
You can even give them out as personalized, DIY gifts, and they sure make a heck of a giveaway during spa parties or bachelorette parties (Now that is an idea).
- 1 How Natural DIY Lip Plumper Recipes Work
- 2 How to Make your Own Lip Plumper DIY recipes?
- 3 Our 15 best homemade DIY lip plumper recipes
- 3.1 The Potent Plumper
- 3.2 The Olive Cinnamon Lip Scrub
- 3.3 The one time Plump
- 3.4 The Bomb Lip Plumper
- 3.5 The cinnamon plump brush
- 3.6 The Simple Sugar lip scrub
- 3.7 The Glossy lip Plumper (without cinnamon)
- 3.8 A Plumping Gift : the cinnamon oil
- 3.9 The Essential Oil lip Plumper
- 3.10 The Beeswax Lip Plumper
- 3.11 The Cayenne Pepper lip Plumper (without cinnamon)
- 3.12 The Cocoa Butter lip Plumper
- 3.13 The colored lip plumper
- 3.14 The Honey Gloss Plumper
- 3.15 The Plumper with Anise Oil (without cinnamon)
- 4 Tips for your DIY Lip plumper Recipes
- 5 Warning for One Potentially Dangerous Lip Plumping Method
- 6 Other Methods worth mentioning
- 7 Follow the Lip plumping Recipes and tell us about it
How Natural DIY Lip Plumper Recipes Work
Of course, you probably know how surgery or cosmetic procedures work in terms of making our lips fuller but as for lip plumpers in the form of lipsticks or lip glosses, do you know how they can help you get bigger lips?
They work by slightly “irritating” the lips.
Ok, don’t freak out, this may sound unsafe since the word “irritation” is involved but it’s actually perfectly safe as long as you don’t go overboard like for anything else.
To get the end results you want, there are certain ingredients makeup companies add to lip products to “irritate” the skin on the lips.
When skin is irritated, it swells up and this is how the “magic” happens.
The skin on the lips is irritated mildly to give the appearance of plump lips.
Let’s emphasize the word “mildly” as many would be picturing out the irritation as sort of an allergic reaction to peanuts or bee stings. No and no, those allergic reactions are severe. The irritation we are talking about is very mild and it’s just enough to give you a bit of volume.
Other lip plumpers have ingredients in them that have a vasodilating effect. To put it simply, vasodilation is when your blood vessels widen up and thus increasing blood flow on a certain area where vasodilation is occurring.
So, when lip plumpers are applied, the ingredients work their magic in widening your capillaries, allowing more blood to flow to your lips and giving it more volume . (The men in our blog team wanted to use another analogy specific to men when it comes to allowing more blood to make it bigger…Naughty guys haha)
So, now you know how natural lip plumping recipes work to get bigger lips that may just come close to Kylie’s: slight irritation and vasodilatation
Of course, we can’t expect that all lip plumpers will give us the same desired effect as our skin react differently to different treatments or ingredients.
How intense the plumping is will depend on how your skin reacts to the treatment or the ingredient that it’s been exposed to.
So, because we don’t have the same stimulation threshold level, it might be necessary to tweak the following recipes to fit your specific case 🙂
How to Make your Own Lip Plumper DIY recipes?
Now that we know how lip plumpers work, let’s talk about natural recipes that you can do at home without buying expensive stuff.
The ingredients might even already be there in your kitchen.
You will find in this guide 15 Homemade lip plumper DIY recipes to try at home.
But before doing any of the recipes, let’s understand the principles behind each of our recipe.
If you study most of the DIY natural lip plumper recipes found here, you’ll see that there’s a base – solid or more liquid – and then one or two key “active” ingredients – cayenne powder and/or cinnamon oil etc.
Just choose a base and then one or two key ingredients and you are good to go. You just then mix everything up or melt your base first and then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
The base is mostly the carrier oil whether in solid or in liquid form depending on your preferences; they will also help nourish your lips at the same time.
It is either liquid (vitamin E oil, olive oil, almond oil) or solid (Vaseline, cocoa butter, shea butter, bees wax, coconut butter)
You can also use your own lipstick or lip balm as the base and melt it to mix it with the active ingredients.
These are the ingredients that you can add in your lip plumper recipe to increase the blood flow to your lips. Of course, make sure you are not allergic to it beforehand and don’t go overboard. These oils or powders are pretty powerful.
- Cinnamon oil / powder (the most popular ingredient)
- Cayenne pepper powder (the second most popular ingredient after cinnamon )
- Anise oil
- Clove oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Wintergreen essential oil
- Black pepper
- Ginger oil / powder
The testing alone was pretty funny as even the guys had to test some of the recipes for this article, so let me give a big thank you to all them who were kind enough to let us test the homemade recipes on their manly lips.
From our testing, we got the best results with the cinnamon oil or cayenne powder. So, if I had to pick only one “active” ingredient among the list, it would be cinnamon oil or cayenne powder for those who don’t like cinnamon.
Our 15 best homemade DIY lip plumper recipes
So, for each recipe, you can either switch the active ingredient used or increase / decrease the amount used to suit your skin sensitivity.
Yeah, there will be some testing to do but once you find your perfect formula, you will be done. If you want lip plumper DIY recipes without cinnamon, simply switch it in the recipe with another ingredient from the list above.
To be on the safe side, if you know you are pretty sensitive, we strongly recommend you to start from the get go with lower doses. I mean, divide by 2 the amount of “active” ingredients, test, and build up from there.
Remember, after applying the lip plumper, some lip irritation will occur, it is perfectly natural and this is what you want. Your lips will get a little bigger after a few minutes.
Another thing: don’t touch your eyes or any sensitive area with your hands after being in contact with the “active” essential oils or powders.
The Potent Plumper
- A mixing bowl that’s heat resistant (it should be the right size to put into a small pot)
- A simple lip balm like this one here on Amazon we used (one tube) ( you can also use carmex such as this one via Amazon as it contains some menthol and camphor that have some analgesic effect and can reduce the irritation feeling but avoid those with chemical sunscreens )
- ½ tsp Cinnamon oil we used this one found on Amazon , you can use cinnamon powder if you prefer.
- ½ tsp Clove oil via Amazon
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper powder via Amazon ( beware we used the 35 K version which is less spicy than the 90 k version here on Amazon )
- Small pot
- Fill your small pot halfway with water. Place it on the stove and wait until it simmers (not boil).
- Place your mixing bowl in the pot.
- Take your lip balm. Twist it up until it’s fully out. Take the entire product and add it into the bowl.
- Do not throw out the empty tube! Wait for the balm to melt and then take it off of the heat.
- Stir the melted balm a bit using whatever utensil you have.
- Add your cayenne powder and stir.
- Add your clove and cinnamon oil and then stir. Keep stirring until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Untwist your empty lip balm tube all the way down so that you can pour the mixture into the tube. ( if you bought a lip balm with a flexible tube, you won’t be able to reuse it, so it is better to use a 5 ml empty glass lip balm jar like this one found on Amazon, pour the mix in it). The big pro of glass is that you can reuse it over and over and it is much more resistant whil a plastic tube might melt a little when pouring the hot mix in it…let alone the fact it is nicer for a gift)
- Let it cool. You can either air cool it or put it inside the fridge.
Now you’re ready to test out your potent lip plumper once it is hard enough. Just a bit of warning, though: since this is potent, possibly because of the cayenne powder, it might leave your lips a bit dry. You should have a lip balm handy whenever this happens. Another note is that you can adjust your ingredients to your liking. If you find that ½ tsp of cayenne powder is too much, by all means, reduce it until you get the perfect combination.
One tip from miss bee : you can use a coffee mug instead of a mixing bowl. The mug is smaller so it will be easier to fit in the pot haha 🙂 very smart 🙂 Check the video of miss bee ( It is the same procedure, except she did not use the clove oil. )
The Olive Cinnamon Lip Scrub
- A mixing bowl
- 1 table spoon Olive oil
- 1 tea spoon Cinnamon powder via Amazon
- 1 table spoon Salt or Sugar
- A container to transfer your mixture in like this one on Amazon (I prefer glass to plastic as glass is more stable and inert)
- Inside your bowl, mix your freshly ground cinnamon with your 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add in your salt or sugar.
- Mix well.
- The mixture should look thicker as soon as you add your salt or sugar.
- Transfer the mix into the container.
- Apply for 5-10 minutes on your lips and massage lightly with your finger then rinse.
Here we use the scrubbing process to stimulate the blood flow. The cinnamon oil will also enhance the plumping effect. Again, you can tweak the amount of cinnamon you add in to the scrub if it is too strong. If you want it to be coarser, you can also add in more salt or sugar.
Check how the lovely rhyanna does it ( she forgot to shoot the salt part after the oil haha) but you got the idea in this video 🙂
The one time Plump
- A small plate
- A bit of cinnamon oil like this one through Amazon or powder (I prefer the oil to the powder as it is much easier to use)
- Your favorite lip balm ( my new lip balm addiction is this super trendy brand here we found on Amazon when doing some shopping )
- Take a small portion of your lip balm ( yeah cut it ) and place it unto the plate. You just need a tiny bit, enough for one application.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder on the piece of balm you placed on the plate or add 1 drop of oil if you prefer the oil version. The amount of cinnamon you use will be up to you. Don’t use too much though.
- Mix the two together.
- Once everything is mixed well, apply the mix unto your lips.
- Massage the mixture and then wipe it off.
- Apply lip balm to your lips to lock in the moisture.
The key to this is, of course, the cinnamon. Like what was said in the instructions, just sprinkle a little bit at a time until you’re comfortable with the amount you have in your mixture. You should also remember that this method is just for a one-time application.
Another easy option is to simply use a cinnamon stick, moisten it and rub it on your lips before applying your lipstick.
The Bomb Lip Plumper
- 1/3 tsp ginger powder via Amazon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder via Amazon
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon powder via Amazon or oil
- 1 drop peppermint oil via amazon
- 1 tsp olive oil or any oil you prefer (almond oil etc..)
- A small mixing bowl or small container
- A mixing tool
- In your small container or mixing bowl, mix in your ginger powder, cayenne powder, cinnamon powder and the peppermint oil.
- Stir for a bit and then add in your olive oil.
- Stir again until everything is mixed well.
As you can tell, this lip plumper is pretty potent because it contains a lot of ingredients that can “irritate” the skin on the lips. This is how to use it: take a little bit of it and then apply it to your lips. Massage it in for 20 seconds and then leave it on for 2-3 mins. Wipe it off and see the difference.
The cinnamon plump brush
- 2 or 3 Cinnamon sticks or 1 tsp cinnamon powder via Amazon
- Your toothbrush
- Vaseline you can buy on Amazon
- A small plate to mix ingredients in
- Wash your hands and then apply Vaseline on your lips.
- Take your cinnamon sticks and grind them. Don’t worry if they don’t end up being super fine because they’ll do the trick in exfoliating the skin on the lips.
- Place a tiny bit of Vaseline on the plate and then sprinkle in your ground cinnamon. Or, if you’re using powder, just sprinkle some of it unto the Vaseline. Mix. (you can also use the cinnamon oil instead if you prefer)
- Once everything is mixed well, take your toothbrush and scoop some of the mixture unto it.
- Apply it to your lips and massage it in, moving the toothbrush in a circular motion.
And that’s it! Leave it one for a minute or two and then wipe or rinse the product off. Apply Vaseline again if you feel like your lips need extra moisture.
The Simple Sugar lip scrub
- Olive oil
- Your toothbrush
- A small plate
- Place a small amount of sugar and olive oil on your plate.
- Wet your lips and then dip your toothbrush on the sugar.
- Brush your lips with your toothbrush with sugar.
- Use circular motions and don’t forget to be gentle when brushing.
This recipe is very simple but it follows the principle of vasodilation. Massaging the lips with the sugar on it promotes blood circulation. No added ingredient. For some, this exfoliation will be more than enough… if you are afraid to use additional ingredients. It’ll also leave your lips super soft and smooth.
The Glossy lip Plumper (without cinnamon)
- Organic clear unscented lip gloss, we used this brand here on Amazon ( In fact you can use any lip gloss you may have, it is totally up to you, it will work just as fine. simply avoid ones with sunscreens as there might be some interactions)
- Pure peppermint oil via Amazon
- A pinch of cayenne powder via Amazon
- Open up your clear gloss.
- Add in your pure peppermint oil, about 3-6 drops of it.
- Add in the pinch of cayenne powder.
- Mix well using the wand the gloss comes with.
- Apply it unto your lips and see the effect.
Just like all of the recipes here, the effect won’t be permanent but it should last you a couple of hours and since this is in lip gloss form, you can bring it with you anywhere you go. You can even do touch ups when you’re out, if you feel the effects wearing off. Don’t go crazy on the cayenne powder though because the pure peppermint oil is already potent.
A Plumping Gift : the cinnamon oil
- A small jar with a lid
- 3-4 sticks of cinnamon through Amazon
- Olive oil
- Put in your cinnamon sticks inside the small jar.
- Then fill it with olive oil. How much oil you put in will depend on your but ideally, the cinnamon sticks would be fully submerged in olive oil.
- Set the jar aside and wait for about 1 week or two.
- The color of the oil should change which means that it is now infused with the goodness of the cinnamon.
- Apply the oil unto your lips and then presto.
You can either give this away or you can use this on yourself. This takes a long time but the oil will last for about a month or two or even longer depending on how often you use it. When you do give this as a gift, you can personalize your small jar by adding text, wrapping it with ribbons and so on. Use your creativity to decorate the jar in your own way. You have to admit that it’s a great and unexpected gift that many of your friends may appreciate.
The Essential Oil lip Plumper
- 1 tbsp of petroleum jelly / vaseline via Amazon
- Peppermint essential oil via Amazon
- Wintergreen essential oil via Amazon
- Cinnamon essential oil via Amazon
- A 5 ml small jar such as this one on Amazon or container (in glass if possible, the more essential oils you add, the more you should avoid plastic containers as essential oils can intereact with plastic…)
- Put your petroleum jelly inside your small container.
- Add in drops of your essential oils.
- You can just feel out the amount of drops you put in but essentially they need be the same amount.
- Mix everything well with a clean stick or stirrer.
So, here you have a powerful combination of essential oils, which worked well for us. How to use it? Apply the mixture to your lips. It’s not going to work instantly but it will take effect after a few minutes. Your lips will turn reddish and that’s when you’ll know it’s working.
Note: If you don’t want to use too many essential oils, you can simply stick to cinnamon oil and remove the peppermint and wintergreen oils as did the gorgeous yaya in this video
The Beeswax Lip Plumper
- 1 tsp beeswax ( we used this one from Amazon) (you can find in pellets or bars, pellets being a little easier to handle )
- 5 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon oil via Amazon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- A small lip balm container such as this one on Amazon
- Place the beeswax and olive oil into a small mixing bowl.
- Melt it in a double boiler
- Add in your cinnamon oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix everything well.
- Pour it in your lip balm container
- Let it cool completely and voilà
- Apply with your finger as a regular lip balm and let it work.
Some of our team members only swear by beeswax and olive oil as they use it a lot for lip balms so we tried to use it. The more beewax, the more solid it is. So, you can really tweak the texture depending on your preferences. When using the beeswax and cinnamon lip plumper, you can either rinse it or you can just leave it on. See how your lips react to it and then decide whether you want to leave it on or not.
The scent you will get is absolutely divine… remember it is a lip plumping balm not something to eat J
The Cayenne Pepper lip Plumper (without cinnamon)
- Olive oil
- A small plate
- A crushing and mixing tool
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper via Amazon
- On your small plate, pour in a dollop of olive oil.
- Take your pepper and crush it. You can also cut it up, as fine as you can.
- Mix it with the olive oil and then apply it unto your lips.
Instead of using cinnamon, you can also simply use some cayenne powder, which can do the trick easily. yep, It’s going to get spicy but it’s what you’re going to need to achieve those full lips. Again, you can just cut up half of the pepper and then mix that into the olive oil. It will depend on how sensitive you are. Adjust the spiciness according to how much you can handle. Don’t go overboard as the lips only need a slight “irritation” for them to swell up a bit.
The Cocoa Butter lip Plumper
- 1 tbsp of cocoa butter (raw), we used this brand found on Amazon ( there are many other brands for you to choose so feel free to find the one you like)
- 1tsp of olive oil or almond oil
- Cinnamon essential oil via Amazon
- A small container such as this one on Amazon
- Put in your raw cocoa butter inside a small mixing bowl.
- Melt it if necessary and add the almond oil
- Add in 5-8 drops of cinnamon essential oil to the mixture.
- Pour it in your small container.
Cocoa butter is a great substitute for petroleum jelly as it really makes the application of the oil easy and moisturizing and the scent (chocolate is made from cocoa) is divine.
When you do use it, merely apply it unto your lips. You can either leave it on or wipe it off after a few minutes. You can experiment with the number of cinnamon essential oil drops you add in to your cocoa butter. It will, again, depend on your tolerance.
The colored lip plumper
- Colored lipstick (organic if possible) like this one via Amazon
- Petroleum jelly or cocoa butter (on Amazon)
- Almond oil
- Cinnamon oil via Amazon
- A small container
- A microwave-safe bowl
- Get your small bowl and put a small amount of petroleum jelly in it.
- Cut about ¼ of your organic lip color and add it into the bowl. How big of a piece you put it will determine how pigmented this plumper will be.
- Pop the bowl inside the microwave. Set it to 30 seconds.
- Take it out once you see that everything is melted and then stir it together while it is still hot and liquid.
- Add in your cinnamon extract and almond oil. Stir again.
- Before the mixture fully cools, transfer it into the small container.
- Refrigerate it so it solidifies quicker.
Now once you see that it’s already solid, take it out and apply it unto your lips. The great thing about this recipe is that you can customize your lip color. If you want a peachy or orange color, all you have to do is purchase an organic lipstick that has the kind of peach you want. This is like a tinted lip balm so you can experiment with different colors – pink, orange, red or even just skip the color if you feel like going nude.
The Honey Gloss Plumper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, ( coconut oil is a must have, we love it for skin, hair, nails, lips….) we used this brand here on Amazon
- ½ tbsp beeswax pellets via Amazon
- 2 tsp of olive oil /almond oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2-3 Cinnamon oil via Amazon drops
- A double boiler
- A small glass container such as this one on Amazon to transfer the mixture into
- Place your double boiler over a low heat.
- Add in the coconut oil and then beeswax.
- Stir until both are melted well.
- Remove the double boiler from the heat once both are mixed well.
- Add the olive oil or almond oil into the mixture.
- Add in the honey and cinnamon oil.
- Mix everything well.
- Transfer the mixture into your small container.
- Let it cool or place it in the fridge until it hardens.
Apply it unto your lips every time you need an extra boost in size and in moisture. What’s great about this recipe is that it has coconut oil, honey and beeswax, which will also give your lips that extra shine and moisture.
The Plumper with Anise Oil (without cinnamon)
- 2 tsp beeswax via Amazon
- 2 tsp coconut oil via Amazon
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 2 drops anise oil through Amazon
- Small microwavable bowl
- A small glass container bought on Amazon (yep we keep repeating it: glass is better than plastic especially when using essential oils and hot stuff 🙂 )
- In your small microwavable bowl, put it your beeswax and coconut oil.
- Pop it into the microwave and set it to melt for 20 seconds.
- Once everything is melted, take out the bowl and add in the almond oil, anise oil.
- Keep stirring as you add one kind of oil after another.
- Transfer the mix into your small container and let it cool.
One of our testers did not have any plumping effect with all the other recipes. It was like she was insensitive to any essential oil. But anise did work on her. yep we all react differently. Anise is a flowering plant. Its flavor has similarities to fennel and licorice. It’s a spice that acts as an irritant to the lips like cayenne pepper or cayenne powder. But remember it may work for some and less for others that is why we gave you several options to try to find what works best for you.
Tips for your DIY Lip plumper Recipes
Here are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- Don’t expect Angelina Jolie or Kylie Jenner results. Have you seen Kylie’s lips before? They were pretty thin to start with but applying the natural DIY lip plumping recipes on your lips won’t make them into the lips Kylie has now. (I am pretty sure she got some lip injections, just my opinion…) The effects may vary from slight to moderate. It will, again, depend on how your lips react to the ingredients. Either way, you still have to set realistic expectations.
- If you went overboard or have very irritated lips, stop immediately, wipe the lip balm, apply some oil on your lips (coconut oil, cocoa butter, olive anything oily) (don’t use water first but oil instead) and then use some ice cubes to cool down the area (put some ices in a plastic bag and apply the bag against your lips. It should alleviate the pain after a few minutes.
- You may see this piece of advice in some other blog posts as we heard it a lot: “refrigerate your lip plumpers when you are not using them to prolong their shelf-life”. No and no you don’t need to put it in your fridge, it is an oily product so there is no need to do so for the sake of preserving the product. However, the fridge advice is useful only if the place where you live is pretty hot and you want to keep your lip plumper solid 🙂
- Even if we mentioned that earlier, let’s repeat it again: take note of the main ingredients in most of the recipes. You can actually switch or tweak them depending on what you prefer. For example, you can replace cayenne powder with cinnamon powder or oil. You can also do that with the essential oils – use just peppermint instead of anise oil and so on. Personalize the recipes according to the kind of main ingredient you prefer.
- Aside from personalizing the recipes, you can also personalize the packaging. If you have an empty tube of lipgloss, you can just clean it out and then put the liquids in it. You can also use a lip balm container – either a jar, a tub or a tube.
- If you have several lipgloss containers that are almost empty, the easiest way to take out the rest of the product is through boiling water. Boil some water and then place it into a bowl. Place the glosses into the hot water. The product will become more liquid. When it does, you can just pour it out.
- Get creative with your packaging when you’re giving your lip plumpers out as gifts. Put stickers on your packaging, use markers to write on text or add on tags that say: happy birthday, merry Christmas or happy holidays.
- At last but not least, remember that those homemade lip plumpers can be irritant so be careful, keep it out of reach and don’t use them on children, who have more sensitive skin.
If you want something even quicker to do, you can simply add a few drops 2-3 of cinnamon oil to your lip gloss : et voilà, you have your own DIY lip plumper as shown by the gorgeous marianna in the following video:
Warning for One Potentially Dangerous Lip Plumping Method
Aside from doing it naturally with DIY lip plumper, there’s one lip plumping method that draws blood to the lips by sucking on something. This was observed during the Kylie Jenner lip challenge wave. Most netizens sucked on a shot glass, glass or some other container they can get their lips on. The process is effective as it can give you ridiculously plump lips – ridiculous as in unnaturally plump. Most of the online community looked like ducks during this trend – no joke!
But, you should know that this may be dangerous as it can cause bruising and over-swelling to your lips. Do not try this, ever!
Other Methods worth mentioning
The water intake
If you want to have plumper lips, remember to drink plenty of water. Yep that is one key to having luscious looking lips. When you are deshydrated, your lips are usually the first spot where it will show.
And when your lips are dry and chapped, they look much thinner…. yep this is not what you want.
So remember to drink water regularly during the day (a small glass of water every 3 hours is fine, you don’t need to drink one bottle of water in one shot.
How to know how much water to drink per day is pretty easy: take your weight in pounds and divide this number by 2.
Ex: A 130-pound woman should drink about 65 ounces (about 2 L) of water each day.
Of course, note here I wrote drink WATER, not coffee, or alcohol and try to avoid salty foods because that also dries out your lips and skin… Yep limit your sal intake for your skin and lips’ sake 🙂
My tip: I use my mobile phone alarm to remind me of taking a break and drinking some water 🙂 yep, technology helps!!!
Exfoliate lightly to boost blood circulation
Do you still recall vasodilation?
Well, one method to promote it is exfoliation. Some of the recipes do include exfoliating your lips with a scrub or toothbrush but if you have other means of exfoliation, go ahead and do it on your lips. Don’t over-do it however as you do not want to thin out the skin on your lips, causing it to be very sensitive. You can exfoliate your lips once or twice a week and remember to apply some protective lipstick on them afterwards to make sure there is some physical barrier to keep them hydrated.
An effective Lip Exercise
Did you know that you could actually exercise your lips to make them look fuller?
Yes, it’s true. Simple exercises can make a difference. One lip shaping and plumping exercises that you can do is doing lip presses: this is my favorite exercise that does wonders in the long run.
How to do it?
Simple, press your lips together (this is what you usually do after applying some lipstick on your lips to make sure it is uniform) so do the same and press with some strength. Call that bodybuilding your lips haha. Hold your lips together with this pressure on for 8 seconds and repeat 10 times. I do it 3 times a day. It is so easy to do it while queuing at the supermarket or while reading etc…
Again, you shouldn’t expect instant results unlike some of the natural lip plumping recipes in this guide but that will strengthen your muscle around your lips and increase blood flow, which will definitely help you get bigger lips 😉
Follow the Lip plumping Recipes and tell us about it
We are looking forward to hearing about how the recipes worked out for you. Feel free to contact us with your feedback and your opinions about this guide and about the different recipes. We really hope that these will help you give a little bit of volume to your lips and stand out of the crowd without breaking your wallet.
In the meantime, be awesome.